Tuesday 24 January 2012

Conquistador


I am a conquistador.
I’ve lived among the seven seas, I’ve travelled a lot and I’ve given horrible battles. Some ended well, some other not.
There is a great complexity concerning myself. I have a strong body, strong hands and strong legs. My eyes are fierce and thus I seem fearless. However, my men respect me. They respect my mind of logic, the structure in the chains of my thought. They feel secure around me because I can protect them. I am their Parent.
But during the depth of night, within my chamber, I get off of my bed, I light a candle and I go towards the mirror. I look at me and I remember. My skin is soft, my cheeks are hairless and my hair is long and wavy. I remember that I am not a man.
I am a woman and I am not a conquistador.

1 comment:

  1. gynaika... aiwnia kataktitria tis idias tis zois what a pity this is a man's world...
    thumbs up keep going!!!

    ReplyDelete