Saturday 20 November 2010

A complaint letter.



Dear X,

I am writing to you with reference to all the broken pieces I found last night in my apartment. But in order to clarify the intentions of my complaint letter, I have first to set the story straight.

Last night I went out and I drank a lot. (I get drunk too easily: this is a piece of information that might prove menacing to me if you use it improperly.) I got back home alone and after a great effort I managed to find the keys and unlock the door. But the door was already unlocked. Within my fuzzy mind I tried to repeat the sequel of the actions I performed before leaving the house. And at my amazement I verified the fact that I had indeed locked the door. I feared that someone had broken into my apartment but the alcohol had loosened up my resistances so I decided to get in and –if necessary- defend my home and myself. As I passed through the door I took off my shoes not to make the burglar understand my presence. But as I walked slowly and carefully, out of a sudden I felt a piercing pain in my feet. Broken glasses covered the floor, all shiny and sharp. There was no empty space that I could step on but I had to move on- I was determined. My feet started to bleed and I was hurting. I managed to inspect the whole place but no presence of another human being was detected.

And then I remembered. It was Mister X. It was you Mister X who broke into me and dispersed all those glassy bits and pieces all over me. And now Mister X my feet are bleeding. I cannot stand properly. I cannot step properly. I cannot move properly.

Having said that, I believe it is only fair to ask- or even demand- for compensation. It is the least I can ask from you dear Sir.

I thank you in advance and look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Madam X.

No comments:

Post a Comment