Saturday 13 November 2010

Terrifying and Beautiful



Terrifying and beautiful. I’ll take both, thanks.

“Please, Sir, may I order? Can I have a dish of fear, a dish of dare and a dish of beauty, please?

You know Sir, the other day I went to a restaurant all by myself. I was not really hungry, but really hungry I was. (Not for food.) So, I ordered. I ordered- as I just did- a dish of fear, a dish of dare and a dish of beauty (please). And the waiter looked straight into my eyes and said to me: ‘Do you think my dear lady that if we had these dishes you ask for that I would be working here?’ And then he laughed and left and I left too. So here I am dear Sir, ready to order a dish of fear, a dish of dare and a dish of beauty- please.”

“My dear sweet lady, really, do you think that if we had these dishes that you ask for that I would be working here?” he said. And then he laughed and left and I left too.

Still, very hungry. Very hungry. Indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment